David C. Garner
David C. Garner, Attorney
Experience:  JD with Distinction, Admitted to practice in California
19551178

My parents passed away. Before my mother died my sister with

Customer Question

My parents passed away. Before my mother died my sister with the help of an attorney changed my parents will. Leaving everything to my sister. She sold the house took all life insurance money and left me with nothing living on the streets. They changed the will by approaching my mother while she was in the hospital under medication where she in no way understood what was going on. They handed her a 3 page document and had her sign it. Her signature shows that she was out of it. I need to go after her attorney and my sister for i think conspiracy and theft and falsifying the will for there own monitary gain. How do i go about recovering what was owed to me from my parents estate. I also feel my sister and her attorney should be prosecuted for their actions. Since i am homeless on ssi i need an attorney who will help me probono. Or can pay after recovery of assets. I have no idea how to get started what type of attorney to see. I need help and advice. Thank you very much for your consideration in this matter. Hope to hear back from someone. I am in Upland Calif.
Expert:  David C. Garner replied 3 months ago.

I will try and help. You will need to sit down with a local attorney and lay this all out. It may be a difficult battle, but you can possibly prove a case for undue influence which is a form of elder abuse. Keep in mind, unless you were present for everything you outlined above, they will likely have a very different story. Most attorney's will consult for free and, if you have a good case, might take it on a contingent fee basis.

I hope this helps.

DCG

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What type of attorney. Specializing in what area of the law. I need an aggresive attorney. What is the best way to find a good aggresive attorney

You want to talk to someone who handles elder law/elder abuse. If something improper happened here, that is what it is.

Best of luck to you.

DCG