KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW

Had agreement with an author to write a book. Paid two

Customer Question

had agreement with an author to write a book. Paid two installments. Author decided he wasnt capable of continuing and reluctantly returned all materials to me. BUT did not refund money paid. Can I sue for MORE than what I paid him?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 month ago.
Good morning.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry I didnt immediately respond,,, didnt see your message...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 month ago.
You would be able to sue for what you paid to the author already, and you may be able to sue for the amount it will cost to replace the author, and hire another. But to sue for the costs, if any, to hire another author would have to be proven at court with evidence to support the claim.If you had a contract and it had details regarding breach of contract, then you may be able to sue for any other damages outlined in the contract. But if you don't have a contract, then you cannot.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 month ago.

Please rate the question for credit and tracking. If you do not rate the question I will not get paid for assisting you with your question. You will not be charged extra to rate the question and you can ask follow up questions.