Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

My car was towed today and on the towing slip it is marked

Customer Question

my car was towed today and on the towing slip it is marked as stored only for one day. do i have to worry about that some how changing when i show up in the morning to get my car? and if so what can I do to stop that from hapening
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Lawyer will figure it out. What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ca
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no just towed for one day
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i got a ticket for suspended license and no insurance to
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that you were towed.

If you arrive to request the vehicle out of impound within 24 hours from when it was towed, they're only allowed to charge one day's storage. Cal. Civ. Code, Section 3068. If the car winds up in the tow yard for more than 24 hours, then they can charge you for any part of a calendar day it's on their property. So it all depends on what time you get there.

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Did you have any other questions about this?