Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have a legal cohabitation agreement with my ex where he

Customer Question

I have a legal cohabitation agreement with my ex where he agrees to pay me a set amount of his pay in exchange for giving up my intrest in our shared home. It has been notarized by both of us. I'm now purchasing a home and the underwriter is insisting on having the document reviewed and have a letter written by an atty verifying that it is a legal binding agreement despite here being proof for years that he has been paying as agreed. At this point I'm flat broke after all of the fees that go with purchasing a home so I'm really worried and she needs it tomorrow.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Underwriters are strange individuals. What one underwriter requires another one will not require.
What is your question for us regarding this issue?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to have my document reviewed and a letter written verifying that it in indeed a legal binding agreement.

I am sorry for any misunderstanding you have about our service, but state law considers what you are asking to be representation and state law forbids any attorney on this site from representing any customer of this site.

I do apologize, but you would need a local attorney which you can find at the same sites used by other attorneys, or

You can get your deposit back from this site by contacting customer service at***@******.***

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I appreciate it.

I wish you the best.