FamilyAttorney
FamilyAttorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Owner, attorney in private practice, appellate attorney, GAL & former trial lawyer, licensed for 36 years
89910983

I was just denied for Social Secuirty disability a second

Customer Question

I was just denied for Social Secuirty disability a second time. Can you please help?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have anxiety, depression, bipolar, and suicdal tendencies. I just cannot handle the stress of work anymore.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I’m a family lawyer and appellate attorney with 36 years’ experience and also have extensive experience with landlord-tenant issues. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of our discussion I’m going to ask you to rate me, okay? I’d appreciate it because this is the only way we get credit for our time here today. It is at no extra cost to you.

Please note:This is general information for educational purposes and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. You are advised to retain your own attorney.

When you filed for the second time, was that a reconsideration appeal, do you know, or was it a second request for disability?

Here's what generally happens with Social Security cases. I used to do these awhile ago. They deny twice almost all the time. My answer to this procedure is always: deny, deny, hearing.

What usually happens is most people walk away from this, feeling they lost. But you have the right to a hearing and many people win at a hearing. After the two denials you are probably at the stage where you can file for a hearing. You'll have to check with a SS lawyer or with SS itself to see whether you have to file another appeal or whether you're up to the hearing stage. Many people are up to the hearing stage after being denied twice.

If you'd like to get a SS lawyer, I would just need the name of the nearest city and I can find SS lawers for you.

Here is what is said of SSDI cases: If' you've been denied twice for SSD, then what?

If by this question a person means that they have filed a disability application, been denied on the application, then filed a second disability application and also been denied on that application, the course of action should be to file the first appeal that is available to them.

This will be something known as a request for reconsideration, an appeal, that like an application for disability, is also decided by a disability examiner at disability determination services.

However, and this is usually the case, if by this question a person means that they have filed a disability application, been denied, then filed a reconsideration appeal and been denied on this, the next course of action should be to file the second appeal, which is a request for a disability hearing.

There are many SS lawyers who can help you with this if you want to use a lawyer. A SS lawyer will take a percentage of the amount that you win but an SS lawyer will help you with your case and let you know if you have a winner. It sounds to me that you have a good case based on what you're saying here.
Keep in mind that SS is a government agency that doesn't want to give out money unless they have to. A lot of people walk away from SS money because they don't know they can keep on going and ask for a hearing. Once you get to a hearing, many people are successful at the hearing stage. What is unfortunate is that most people don't know they can keep going, keep appealing, and ask for a hearing. They expect people to walk away. I tell people who ask me to keep hanging in there, don't walk away, and you'll get your hearing sooner or later, and it often takes a few years, which is horrible, but this is the way the law is now. So now we just have to get you to keep on going and keep filing for the next phase.

If you would like to speak on the phone tomorrow, just let me know. If you would like me to find lawyers for you, let me know where you're located and I can help you do that to. I want to help you and I know I can point you in the right direction. I'll look for your response tomorrow to see if you want to have a phone call.

In the meantime, please let me know if you need any more information, such as where to find an attorney in your area, or anything else related to this question. Id' rather be rated positively and if I didn't answer all of your questions, I'd like to have a chance to make sure that I do. Thanks in advance for rating me. If you need more information, let me know as I’m happy to give it.

I hope this helps and clarifies. If you could, I'd appreciate it if you can rate me when finished. Kindly rate me positively so that I can get credit. It is no additional charge to you.

Please accept my answer, rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. I thank you in advance for rating me. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating.

We are not employees of Just Answer but are independent contractors, so your rating is very important to us so that we can be reimbursed for our work. Thank you!

You are also welcome to come back to this room free of charge to ask me a follow-up to this question at any time. Be well and thank you for letting me help you tonight.

Thanks, ***** *****'ll look to see late morning if you want to speak on the phone. Best of luck to you! Thanks in advance for rating me.

Hi, just checking in to see if you still need help with your question and if my answer was helpful for you. Thanks and thank you for allowing me to help you.

Customer/p>