LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I have credit card judgements from State, but am selling my

Customer Question

Hi, I have credit card judgements from Washington State, but am selling my residence in Colorado. Will these judgements be taken at closing, there are no liens on the house
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Out of state judgments which have not been brought to your home state and your home state court issue sister state judgments against you will have no impact on the sale of your property.

The creditor, long ago, would have had to bring the judgments from WA to Co, sued you in court in CO to domesticate the judgments making them enforceable in CO and the liened your property in order for the judgment to effect the sale of your property.

The WA judgments will not be paid out of the sale of your property in CO.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

I sense that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug