Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have fees listed on my mortgage. I've requested an

Customer Question

I have fees listed on my mortgage. I've requested an explanation on these fees. The company replied twice. Neither time did they identify what they were. I had a bankruptcy over 3 yrs ago. I have not reaffirmed my debt
Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

All you can do here is keep writing and making a record of your inquiries, cite the Fair Debt and Collections Act that requires them to provide such itemization.You have right to let house go into foreclosure, all they can do is take it back if the debt was discharged in Chapter 7.If the house is underwater because of the fees, etc and they will not itemize you may consider that as an option.

You would likely have about a year for them to foreclose and evict you.If they aren't responsive and the house has no equity or other problems you retain the right to quit paying and save your money until they take it back and evict here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.