Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Well we had a lien on our merchant account through the IRS

Customer Question

Well we had a lien on our merchant account through the IRS and it was released a long time ago, but our merchant service company has not released the funds. They never removed the hold through the IRS, so the IRS contacted them and told them to release my funds, but they have yet to do so. It's been over two weeks since the IRS contacted them and they keep telling me it will be another 72 hours, but it never happens
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Filed or reported?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to send them written demand to release the funds immediately without further delay or otherwise, you would file a lawsuit against them to release the funds. The lawsuit would be a breach of your agency agreement with the company. The lawsuit would be filed at the Courthouse in the County where the merchant service is located.