P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

My passport is being denied I'm born us no priors no

Customer Question

My passport is being denied I'm born us no priors no children 58 year old up standing NYC resident who is having vacation crush by legal in us passport agency with no rights they inform there is a match w my name doc and address
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What are my rights Washington passport agency is holding up my passport for a match
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a renew passport that is being denied and a plane tic on sept 9
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They see a person w a match to my identity
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This incident happened three years ago with my goes card I was held at the border

Can you tell me, what is the reason that the department of state is giving you for not issuing a passport?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No it's in fed or legal hold due to a matched identity basically identity theft
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cannot speak to DC only nys passport office or the passport clearing house
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is a hold on my passport

Thank you
And your question today please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My rights are being violated I'm forced to cancel my trip I've planned and
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I get DC to release my passport
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
By sept 9

Thank you
Just a moment please...I have some thoughts and will type them up

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My rights are being violated
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am having to loose a lot of money on this trip

By 9 Sept?

That may be tough. Frankly, not sure even possible.

If the federal government is refusing to issue a passport and they have no valid reason to do so? You can sue to obtain a court order (the federal court can order the department of state to issue you a passport).

But that will take more than a week to accomplish

Frankly, you may be better off, in this case, by contacting your congressional representative. Your congressman will have a staff member who has access to Department of State. I would contact your Congressman and request they assist.

Solve this in a week? Perhaps. Certainly worth a try.
But regardless, you can hire an attorney and they can recover your passport (but it will take more than a week to accomplish this)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have contacted my congressman and someone there is working on it

Thanks

That is the best you can do (for the short term). If they can not solve this? Consider hiring a lawyer to sue in federal court.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What will during in federal court accomplish how long can they hold up my passport for no reason
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I really am very upset by this
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want them to restore my rights and I want an apology as well as reimbursement of my financial loss

The federal court has the power to order department of state release the passport. How long? Not a week...more like several months (you have to file suit, then the government gets to respond, then you set a date for trial)

The court can NOT order an apology. Sorry...that is not possible..but they can order your passport be issued.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that they court can oder an apology, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am just a victim
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Who looses 5000 dollars on travel plans because of identity theft
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want this person put away and I want to get reimbursed for my losses

Sorry....I do not know whom else this has happened to. But I do know that there is a path to recover your passport, via the court.

If you can find out who did this you can sue them to recover the money you have lost

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there such a thing as an identity theft lawyer

Sure...an attorney who specializes in fraud. You can call your state bar for a referral

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I appreciate time I knew all this but I asked for it

Welcome. Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil

Customer: replied 3 months ago.