Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I received a 3191u summons in Nassau County Island. I

Customer Question

I received a 3191u summons in Nassau County Long Island. I had/have insurance; I just did not have my insurance card with me. Can I go alone to court and bring proof of insurance, or do I need to hire a lawyer? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have insurance and it was current at the time of the citation, you do not need an attorney. You can go to court and bring in your proof of insurance showing it was in effect at the time of the citation and the court will dismiss the citation.