Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a contractor issue. I have paid almost his money

Customer Question

I have a contractor issue. I have paid almost his money (almost 75%) and the job has not finished yet. he is always procrastinating the project. And right now he is asking full amount to finish the project. And full amount also covers some jobs he did not even do.
In the contract, all permits and trash disposal were included. And he is denying it. Everything is written. We exchanged many text messages. I those messages It could be clearly seen that they are admitting their fault. Couple of times I was threatened by them unless I pay them full amount, they will not give my key back to me.
Since they know I am leaving for Switzerland, they tried to extort some more money from me.
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did you have an actual written contract ?

.

Do you have a "punch list" of things that still need to be done?

.

What was the agreement regarding payment?

.

.

thanks