Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I live in wyoming and own 40 acres, on that 40 acres I have

Customer Question

I live in wyoming and own 40 acres, on that 40 acres I have several sheds. I let my cousin store his belongings in one of the sheds. Recently I have had several very expensinve items come up missing and the people who own the place where he used to live have turned in a list of stolen property and personal belongings in to the local sheriff's department. My question is, can I enter the shed where my cousin is storing his belongings if I believe there are stolen items in it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

You can only go onto the property if you have permission. If you don't have that permission from the landowner, then you could be charged with trespassing if you enter.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

Alternatively, you could call the police/sheriff's office and ask them to assist you with getting access.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i own the Shed and the land. He is just storing his crap in one of my sheds.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

Ok. In that case, you can go anywhere you please.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

If he pays you rent of any kind, you may have to give reasonable notice before entering (24 hours), but other than that, you should have no issues.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have any addition questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again and good luck!