Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My daughter and I filed for change of status. Both our

Customer Question

Hi my daughter and I filed for change of status. Both our status was changed but our cases were processed in separate offices after mailed as one case. I only filed one i485 and have gone as far as to get my green card while my daughter's case is now needing additional information that was with my case documents sent to another state. She is still showing as overstayed on her 10 year visa and was never assigned an alien number after the i130 was approved. I have call but I get different answers so I am asking what do I do next and how much would I pay for her i485 to be processed for her to get her green card, she is 6 years old.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shannon Llenza replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am an attorney with over 15 years of experience. I am happy to help you with your case. It looks like you are requesting a phone call. I can conduct a phone call with you to discuss your situation. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you I don't have the money for a lawyer right now. Will my daughter's green card be conditional as well? It is based on my marriage.

Hello, if you received conditional residence status your child should also have conditional residence status. Do you still have some questions about the I-485? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my first question needs an answer.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please call me whenever you have a chance, I am available. Thank you

Hello, I will send you a phone call request. Please accept it and I can set up the call. Can you talk at 12 PST (in about 50 minutes)? Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nevermind the call I really need an answer to my question. I cannot afford the call I am already out by thirty bucks. Please just let me know what the next step would be to get my daughter's greencard. Her i130 was approved as previously stated.

Hello, of course. I just want to make sure I understand. You have filed for adjustment of status for you and your daughter through marriage of a U.S. citizen. It sounds like you filed one I-485 for both you and your daughter, correct? The problem is that you and your daughter are considered an immediate relative. This means when you file, you have to file an I-485 for each relative. There is no derivative relative in this instance. Without seeing any of the information sent to you by USCIS, I would say your solution is to file a separate I-485 for your daughter. The filing fee is $985 dollars. Since your daughter is under 14 she is not required to complete biometrics. Let me know if I can answer any further questions.