Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

Is it true If prop 57 pass in November the inmates in CDCR

Customer Question

Is it true If prop 57 pass in November the inmates in CDCR would only do the time for the controlling case and not the enhancements time
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

If Prop 57 passes, approximately 7,000 inmates in jail for non-violent offenses will be immediately eligible for parole. Anyone who has served their base sentence and passed public screening will become eligible. The law will also allow approximately 18,000 more inmates to seek early release for non-violent offenses, once they have served their base sentences. The base sentence does not include enhancements.

The full text of the proposal is available here, if you're interested:

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.