Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

What should I do? I hired a lawyer and paid him 15,000.00,.

Customer Question

What should I do? I hired a lawyer and paid him 15,000.00,. I hired him after I had a consultion with him on my burglary charges, divorce, my bails bondman giving my wedding ring to my mother in-law,. My landlord not letting me have my personal property that was worth 20,000.00. My work calling 911 and telling them that my husband and I was fighting after I just called for a ride to work because my truck was broke down and they had offered to give me a ride if i need one. I was arrested and in jail 3 days and when I tried to returned to work I was meet at the door and told I was not welcomed there any long. Why I was in jail the ranger told everone my husband and I had called and threatened them. They also posted mug shuts of my husband and my self telling everyone to call 911 if we were seen. Being fired from my job with the government after 26 years of service with a annual review of exceeding or fully exceeding on my annual work proformance review. they denied my family medical leave after having a mental break down and holding my pay. Then offering me a second chance agreement so I would drop my civil-right suit when they already had signed my termination papers.
He would not be my lawyer at a eviction hearing when my husband and my in laws came into my home and broke my property and towed my vehicles so I do not have anything to drive, my in-laws shut my water off and tried to disconnect my electricity and pulled the breaker on my AC. They threatened everyone that was helping me move. They told them that they would tow the vehicles if they were parked on the property. My father-in-law took my john deere skiddster (bobcat) that I paid 25000.00. they have ran myname down to law officer and court officials and all neighbors and friends telling them I was a drug dealer and addict. My mother in law called my elderly parents in Idaho and told them the most outrages lies that upset them and almost put my mother in the hospital. Told my husband that if he didn't divorce me he would lose his inheritance. Our marriage problems start after my mother in law got involved in our marriage. I paid my lawyer 15000.00 and after that I can't even get him to return my calls and know he says he will not help me on any of my other problems. My husband and in laws have taken everthing from me they have had me arrested on fails charges I even lost my house in idaho. I do not have a car. A home a job and I can't get back to my family in idaho. Please give me some guidance.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  NYFamilyAttorney replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law appeals and landlord-tenant law. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you. It is NO EXTRA CHARGE to you but it’s important to me! Thanks!

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. This is for educational purposes only and you are advised to seek your own legal counsel.

That's a lot of legal work that he had to do. Was that all included in the retainer, for him to do all of the listed legal work, or was the landlord/tenant work at the eviction hearing separate and not listed in the retainer? Did he ever bill you? Did you use up the $15,000?

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

It may be help for for us to do a phone call on this. The cost for that is normally $59.00 but I anticipate that we will be on the phone for about an hour so I will send you an offer for a little more than that. If you accept it, please come back here and type in your phone number so I may contact you.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Did you still want to do the phone call service? It appears that you former expert has opted out of the question? I am a new expert...