Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  28 Years In General Practice,

We need to file a motion with the courts to find new legal

Customer Question

we need to file a motion with the courts to find new legal counsel as ours did nothing in our case..this is a probate matter
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

You would fist fire the attorney, pursuant to the terms of your retainer agreement, if any. This is called a mandatory withdrawal. The attorney will file a motion to withdraw and the court would rule on the motion. You would have the attorney prepare the motion and order. This is a sample for the motion.

The attorney is required to cooperate and return your files as well as any unused retainer or payment.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

This link explains he duties of your attorney to you

"you have the right to fire your lawyer at any time. But, he or she usually will have the right to payment for any past work done for you.

Also, you have the right to change lawyers at any time.."

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.