Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

What recourse do I have - i am an elderly women being abused

Customer Question

what recourse do I have - i am an elderly women being abused and threatened. I live in my own home this is not a care issue. What is the law in Texas re bad treatment to the elderly?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Who is abusing you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the managers of the home association where i live

Thank you. Abuse is a crime against the State of Texas and if there is evidence of it, the State can file criminal charges and represent your legal interest, as the victim. As such, you can go to the police and file a report and have this looked into. Moreover, abuse of a senior who is not in a health care facility can be reported to Adult Protective Services at(###) ###-####

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.