CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I have a court hearing today the workers comp attorney wants

Customer Question

I have a court hearing today the workers comp attorney wants to reschedule because the IME doctor did not get mNy mri on my arms and ankle
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Ca actually I already a client to this just answer
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: Ca
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: This is a new thing I was getting snswer from this forum
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I just want to know why the judge was rough cause the workers comp don't have all the mri done on me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

My apologies for the inconvenience, but the way our forum works, we only see your individual question when you post it - we do not see your previous questions each time (remember, we are only able to answer "general legal questions" we do not offer formal legal opinions or representation, so we do not have "case files" for customers or similar documentation).

If I understand your current question, you were in court for a worker's comp hearing and the IME doctor had not completed his review of your medical records, or your medical evaluation was not complete.

The hearing officer was likely frustrated because these cases are designed to be tracking (moving through the court) within a generally short period of time, when there are delays, such as not getting very simple and routine examinations performed, it causes delays in this system.

I would not be overly concerned with the hearing officer's demeanor regarding this (do not take it too personally), they were likely more frustrated with the IME - who should know this already - rather than actually being frustrated with you.

All that really happens is that the case gets continued (a new hearing date is set to deal with the issues that should have been heard at today's hearing) for the future.

If you are not represented by a worker's compensation attorney at this time, I would strongly recommend it - W/C attorney compensation is limited by the W/C board, so this representation is relatively inexpensive for workers to get, and it can make a significant difference in how much compensation you can get out of your case.