Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

I have lived with my "fiance" for nearly 16 years. He says

Customer Question

I have lived with my "fiance" for nearly 16 years. He says he wants to get married by I'm not holding my breath. I have gone through breast cancer and severe depression so my sex drive has been that great. I have figured out what he has been doing. Looks like he has been seeing call girls. I found text messages on his phone. In 2009 he made me sign a "marvin" agreement. I think that's what it is called. I never had a chance to have a lawyer to review it. I was still going though breast cancer treatment at the time. Would it be valid? The original document is "missing" Ie i took it. Don't know if copies exist.
I'm thinking of leaving him but want to know what my legal options are financially.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also. He has $ 170K in his safety deposit box. I took $ 50k. Should I put it back before I confront him?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't talk now. He is expected home any minute now.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

You may be able to render the Marvin agreement unenforceable based on undue influence or fraud. See this law. If there are no copies and you decide not to comply and he cannot locate the original either, then it would be very hard for him to enforce the terms of the Marvin.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

With respect to the safe deposit box, if it is in his name then he may sue you for conversion; however you may may be able to counter argue that you have an equitable right to keep and possess the money [for example at least 1/2 of that money] based on what the two of you reasonably expected in light of your engagement and subsequent cohabitation.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.