Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

I appealed an initial judgement of 3000 dollars against me

Customer Question

I appealed an initial judgement of 3000 dollars against me and lost again.. I can not afford at the moment to repay that money ..i am 73 years old and am retired 8 years now. I live on s.s. I am willing to pay the monies back to the person who brought me to court. I can pay $500 first payment than $150 a month. Does she have to approve my settlement or can the judge do that? What are my possibilities of being able to make small payments and what other options do i have
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

She has to approve your settlement offer; the judge has no power unless she does. It appears to me that she will accept you offer if you show her that you have no non-exempt assets from which she can collect her judgment from. For example, your social security benefits are exempt from execution. Here is the law on which CA assets are or are not exempt from execution.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.