Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I received a ticket for anchoring my boat for more then 12

Customer Question

i received a ticket for anchoring my boat for more then 12 hours, the officer is claiming he has direct observation. i told him the boat was only anchored for a few hours.
My question is doesn't he have to show evidence that he watched the boat for 12 hours, through the night?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

He has to offer some evidence. It can be testimony that he watched the boat, that someone else watched the boat for a period of time, or it can be that he checked it periodically and that it hadn't been moved. There could be other types of evidence as well.

Of course, any evidence is subject to being challenged by cross examination.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.