CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO I TRIPPED & FELL AT A DOG GROOMING WHICH

Customer Question

ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO I TRIPPED & FELL AT A DOG GROOMING WHICH ENDED UP WITH A BROKEN ARM & A SLIGHT RE-INJURY TO A HIP OPERATION.. I AM 85 YEARS OLD & STILL HAVE A LOT OF PAIN & DISCOMFORT. THE GROOMER DOES HAVE INSURANCE & I HAVE THE NAME OF THE COMPANY...I'M GROWING TIRED OFTHE PAIN & DISRUPTION IN MT LIFE. LOOKING FOR SOME PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.. OAKLEY JORDAN
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am sorry to learn of this situation, it appears that you have what we call a "premises liability" claim (a form of personal injury action).

The insurance carrier has no obligation to settle with you - although they may do so. The only way to force them to do so is by actually filing a lawsuit against the groomer.

Personal injury claims are based on expert testimony, this means you, or your attorney, will need to find a medical expert to testify as to the cause of your injury. The same (or a different) expert can then testify as to your projected future damages and cost of medical care.

Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).

Dear Customer,

I apologize, but the system indicates that you posted a follow up to my answer, which usually indicates that a customer has additional questions or needs clarification on what we wrote. Unfortunately I am not seeing anything.

If you would not mind reposting your question, I would gladly follow up.

If you did not post anything, my apologies.

I do apologize for any inconvenience