Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

State of texas evection/// placed 3 day notice on door and

Customer Question

state of texas evection/// placed 3 day notice on door and put one in mail box [had no key]took photo//wife was witness//dated aug 6th 5pm ask to leave aug 9th by 5pm was this done proper
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone whocan. There may be a slight delay in myresponses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

state of Texas eviction/// placed 3 day notice on door and put one in mail box [had no key]took photo//wife was witness//dated aug 6th 5pm ask to leave aug 9th by 5pm was this done proper

.

If you posted the notice and documented it with a photo, then yes, it was delivered properly. You do not have to specifically hand the notice to the tenant.

.

However, the date was not correct. You have to give them 3 days after the notice is posted to pay or vacate. So if you posted it on the 6th, the last date is midnight on the 9th.

.

That may not be an issue unless the tenant tries to fight any eviction and brings it up...

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks