Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

Medicare is trying to collect a debt from a car accident for

Customer Question

Medicare is trying to collect a debt from a car accident for some sort of medical liability from 2008, what is the statue of limitation in North Carolina
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: the car was totaled and it was in North Carolina, and I never collected any medical liability from it.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no. I cant afford one, Im trying to work it out with medicare, they have stopped my part B Ins, and I cant go to the Dr or get my medicine
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I was given a check for $2000.00 and the only time I went for any medical care was directly from the accident to the hospital, and they sent me a couple of pages they say were related to the accident, all the way to 2011, which is not true.
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

42 U.S.C. §1395y, Subsection (b)(2)(B)(ii) provides the following:

(vi) Claims-filing period … the United States may seek to recover conditional payments in accordance with this subparagraph where the request for payment is submitted to the entity required or responsible under this subsection to pay with respect to the item or service (or any portion thereof) under a primary plan within the 3-year period beginning on the date on which the item or service was furnished.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.