Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I paid a website developer and have a written signed

Customer Question

I paid a website developer and have a written signed contract. The site was never completed and I am now paying another firm to complete it. When I submitted desired changes, she resigned stating she didnt have time to do the work. I have requested refund from original site developer based on items not completed, which is over half the contract. She has refused. I want to know what rights I have.
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: I co-own the company and reside in SC. The business is home based in NE. Purchase was made by credit card check in November 2015
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The former developer is offering a $1000 refund to the business but only if I sign a document releasing her from the contract
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Thank you.