CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

A judgement creditor is in the process of reviving a

Customer Question

A judgement creditor is in the process of reviving a collection judgement against me of
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I made my last payment on 3/3/15..since than I have not heard from the law group I was making the payment to
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

When was the original judgment obtained?

.

What is your legal question that I can help with tonight?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
October 26 2010

Ok, what is your legal question I can help with?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The Price was $31. Right!

I am not sure I understand your comment.. I am just an independent contractor on the site, not a JustAnswer employee, so I have no idea how they charge/bill customers..

.

I just come on the site to answer questions and help customers...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE ANSWER TO MY LEGAL QUESTION....

You have not asked me a legal question yet...

.

This is what I see....no question in this sting of communications....I can only answer a question if it is asked..

.

JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I made my last payment on 3/3/15..since than I have not heard from the law group I was making the payment to

.

So if you can post a question, I can get you an answer... I am good, but I am not a mindreader...

.

.

thanks

I am going to opt out of the question as we seem to be having some communication problems..

.

.

thanks

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is***** am another expert on the site, and perhaps I can assist you today.

• For your billing issues (how much each question is, and dealing with your account inquiries, please contact our customer service at: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help, I do apologize for the inconvenience), but you are only charged once for this question and all of our follow up questions, and information).

If I understand your post correctly, you had a judgment entered against you in October of 2010. The creditor is currently in the process of renewing the judgment.

This would make sense as Colorado judgments are valid for 6 years, if your creditor did not get the judgment renewed before October 26, 2016, the judgment would expire and they would be unable to enforce it any further.

Unless you have actually paid off the judgment (you said that your last payment was in March 2015, but did not say whether or not you had paid the debt in full), there is nothing you can do to stop the creditor from renewing the judgment - this will be granted automatically.

If you have paid the debt in full, but the creditor has not properly recorded a "Satisfaction of Judgment" - you can file a petition with the court to ask the court to enter one against the judgment creditor, but you must show that you have paid the full amount of the judgment, plus any collection costs (such as attorney's fees), and interest, that have accrued on the judgment.