LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

My girlfriend is now my ex. She has lived off of me for a

Customer Question

My girlfriend is now my ex. She has lived off of me for a year. I made all the utility and car payments. She hasn't made any contributions at all. She buys only things for herself. This has affected my credit very negatively. We don't have a tennant landlord agreement. I feel she's an extended stay guest. I know every state is different but how do I legally force her out. I want my life back . I live in ct
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

In a situation like this, you would first need to give her the proper notice, which would be a 3 day written notice to vacate. Then, if she fails to move, you could proceed through the court and start the eviction process and obtain a court order, to legally force her out. If she were to remain, then the Sheriff could physically remove her.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where do I got to get the court order? How long would the order give her?
You draft the notice to vacate and then if she refuses to move get the forms for the eviction from the clerk of court. The process could take a few weeks but this would be the legal approach c