Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

I would like to create a release form for participants in my

Customer Question

I would like to create a release form for participants in my workshop. We will be doing board breaking as a confidence skill. I have a sample release form that my employer used for his events which works. I can change the business name but his form states California law and my business isn't registered in California so Im not sure if I can just change that or not
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 month ago.

A "release" operates after a dispute between persons arises. A "waiver" is used before and to avoid a later dispute. So, the document that you have, regardless of its language, is incorrect for your purposes.

If you are interested in having a document professionally drafted to protect your interests, then we can take this matter offline. Note that bona fide legal services, such as contract drafting, is unlawful if performed in this forum. Also, I am prohibited by website policy from negotiating price or terms of offline services as part of any forum correspondence.

The only means by which you can get what you're seeking here, is via a premium services offer -- which I will send, and which you may accept or decline at your sole discretion.

I look forward to providing further assistance. Thanks for using Justanswer!

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

It appears that you have requested a new expert on this. Please know that in NY such releases are generally valid and binding for instructional classes; but not in connection with purely recreational activities.

Here is a sample form you may use as a go-by.

Here is another.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.