Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

In July 2014, I teamed up with three other people with an

Customer Question

In July 2014, I teamed up with three other people with an operating agreement to primarily perform Structural Engineering job when it was awarded to their company. Initial start up investment was $6000 per person. In March 2015, the agreement was dissolved with no accountability of how my initial amount was spent. I sued in a small Claims court but to my greatest surprised, the other party was represented by a Legal Council and with that I lost the case. The Judge of the Small Claims court said in closing that he will issue his ruling and that can be appeal to a higher court. I intend to appeal to a higher court when the ruling is issued and this time to be represented by a legal professional. Please advise.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I proceed to higher court with a legal representation at the advise of the Small Claims court?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

You can appeal to a higher court and use a lawyer or you can file an original case i a higher court using a lawyer, either way.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

You want to hire the lawyer soon because they may have to file something to make sure the appeal is correct.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am looking for one now. Can you recommend
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

We can't give specific recommendations but if you go to and in the section for Area of Practice enter Civil Litigation and that should get you a list of lawyers.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.