Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Experience required: Contracts Management vacation short

Customer Question

Experience required:
Contracts
Management vacation short term rental homes
AND
web / domain ownership
Marketing and intellectual ownership?
Reciprocal link?
AND
Small biz aspect
Should I have each home its own LLC?
Mine- Www.LakeNorman2GO.com
His - www.StayLakeNorman.com
Home owner - North Carolina rental management vacation rental home Management contract review and revise
Considering contracting out the homes rentals to local Realestate company while
I rent out the watercraft (and possibly other services) to the tenants
The short terms are off season 3 days up to longer term months and high season 7 nights.
Owner to maintain rights to watercraft and other services related to home and other unrelated
Services - restaurants, beautification, relaxation, entertainment, personalized items via Internet domains development.
Lawrie LAWRENCE. Www.staylakenorman.com he is also a vacation home owner (see website StayLakeNorman and buyer seller and is developing management of short term vacation rentals aspect also. Owns 2 luxury vacation rental homes and boats very successfully.
25% commission.
Takes full charge. Rate. Marketing. Booking. Processing. Cleaning (owner pays) Monitoring Maintenance (owner pays)
Concerns me regarding condition, inventory, damages, contract copy to owner? Owner liability safety, condition, Home and tenant. Do not want to adhere to their ability to perform maintenance and repairs up to 500.00 at will. Rather be notified providing me the opportunity to choose rate and service provider. Owner to inspect home location between bookings. Management companies will swallow the cost of violations and damages while reimbursing tenants deposit amount in order to avoid reputation trashing. It appears, per the management contracts, that this option is solely up to the management company at the expense of the owner. Owner has no option but to comply to managements decision while suffering the loss or expense.
Which trip / vacation rental insurance covers and processes claims on behalf of owner successfully? There is one that requires the tenant to make ins co aware of the damage or claim is denied. This philosophy is working successfully? Management must process, or owner? It's usually an owner who recognizes things amiss or damaged, and or, cleaning crew.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I have read what you posted above, but it is a bit choppy and difficult to follow as to what your specific question for us is regarding everything you typed above. Can you please clarify for us?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I access my entire question originally sent, please?

Your whole question appears above, but as I said it is very choppy and we are having a hard time discerning what you specifically want to know. We read everything, it is just that we cannot understand what you want.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your patience.
I sent some documents that I am not seeing within this screen. They would give you better insight as to what I refer above.
I thought we could then establish a time to discuss.
Do you see the attachments within previous communique?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I might also ask you another question that is unrelated, so I would need to pay for it separately. I suppose I send it to you and you create a new case file? It is regarding assisting in writing a response to a false report to the BBB. Does this sound of your interest?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Okay, I read the contracts, which all are fairly boilerplate, including that maintenance clause in the management contract. You need to explain what your issue is with it and we can discuss some modifications, but the management company is going to have to have some way to actually get work done if necessary as you are liable to keep property in good repair and would be liable for injury if the premises is defective.
As far as the rental contract, that is typical.
The boat contract is typical as well, but a couple of minor changes could protect you a little better.
But we need to go over your concerns one contract document at a time, now that I have them and we can discuss one at a time.
As far as the BBB issue, I cannot write the letter, as that is considered representation and that is beyond the state laws which forbid us from representing anyone, but we can make suggestions based on any letter you write.
As it is 6PM on Sunday, I will likely not be available until tomorrow, but we can discuss and I will reply when I get back online (after an early dental appointment tomorrow I am afraid so I will not be online as early as I usually am).
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hope all went well this AM UGHHHTOMORROW, you have time after noon?
Thank you for your reply.
Tomorrow afternoon will be fine.