How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 18834
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2 years ago I consigned on loan for boyfriend (been together

Customer Question

2 years ago I consigned on loan for boyfriend (been together 10 years) long story short, I have paid every single payment by myself and I also pay the insurance. Every time we got in a fight he would take the car. I was tired of paying 506 dollars/month plus insurance so I decided to refinance. His credit is even worse then before so I refinancedon't in my name only and he signed the papers to have his name taken off the loan. The first payment for the refi loan is due tomorrow and he took off with my car when he had a bipolar episode a week ago. I tried to report stolen but police won't let me because they said I had let him use the car on a regular basis so I could not say it's stolen. Two weeks ago he had a car accident and he lied to about contacting the insurance company. They were about to drop the claim when I called them. Tonight he said he is in Colorado on his way to missouri and he will make sure to damage the car and I will have to pick it up in missouri. The registration that company just sent still had his name on it. I emailed company to tell them it needs fixed. #1. What are my rights? I am unable to get car repaired because I don't know where he is
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to contact the Police once more to report the car as stolen and tell the Police what he said about intentionally causing damages to the car. You can contact the Police in Colorado where he is right now and file a theft report.

You can also file lawsuit against him for any damages to the car that your insurance company refuses to pay for. However, you need to know where he is to serve him with the Summons and a copy of the Complaint.

Goodluck with your case,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. That’s the way that I get paid for answering questions on the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

You are quite Welcome!

Kindly rate the post so that I can close this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation,