Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I recently purchased a dresser. When I got it out of the

Customer Question

I recently purchased a dresser. When I got it out of the carton, it had plenty damage. I purchased this from American Freight, however, the salesperson did not inform me that all sales were final, nor were there any signs that stated "all sales final". I returned the dresser, but the two so called replacement dresssers that I made them take out of the cartons were also damaged. I , of course, demanded a refund since it was obvious that this is inferior quality furniture. I " not read the fine print(MY BAD). I was given the no. for CORPORATE as the policy is "all sales final, no refunds, exchanges only. I will call the Corp. # Monday. This all happened thurs-pruchase,,Friday-return. The returned dresser is at the warehouse and they have my money. What is the law on this..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If you were not told about the return policy BEFORE you signed the sales receipt or paid for your purchase, the company must honor your return and refund your purchase price. If the company refuses to do this, you can file a Small Claim against the company for your refund at your local Courthouse. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. That’s the way that I get paid for answering questions on the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.