Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

I hired a contract manufacturer to build products for my

Customer Question

I hired a contract manufacturer to build products for my company. They are now still 2 years later refusing to release my inventory which I filed a perfected lien near the manufacturer in Indiana. I believe they compromised my inventory and I want the cash equivalent which is stated on the lien for $277K. How do I in the simplest way collect on this?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: several
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I believe they sold at least part of the inventory to 3rd parties and I have a non-circumvent agreement with them
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Unless there's something highly unusual about the facts, what I see here is a breach of contract case, plain and simple. It's contracts 101 for any lawyer. It's also a no-brainer so what are you waiting for? Your lawyer will review the contracts and the facts surrounding the nondelivery of the product. If it's a $277,000 damage claim you should not have trouble finding a lawyer to work on a percentage. I also see elements of fraud here. Did the manufacturer accept the contract from you with no intention of delivering the product to you?

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I hope that this answers your question. If not, please feel free to send me a reply for further information. Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks for your understanding and for using JUST ANSWER.