Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767,
8402582

27August,2016, I went to the TSA office at Regan national

Customer Question

27August,2016,
I went to the TSA office at Regan national airport on 12 August. I paid the fee and was finger printed and got a a UE ID (UZZY-1NHYFS). I thought I was properly registered.
Then on 26 August I got a letter from From the TSA office in Arlington, VA which said I I was registered in the TSA Precheck and that my "Known Traveler Number" (KTN) was
TT11FJBYZ.
Which is the correct number to use when checking in for a flight? Why did I get two numbers
Lynn Ritland
lynn ritland@ verizon.net
Expert:  Expert James replied 9 months ago.

Hi Lynn,

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. First, sorry for the delay. There were no TSA Experts online when you posted your question.

As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

ANSWER: To answer your question, the number that starts with TT is the one you use as your Known Traveler Number when making reservations, in order to be eligible for TSA Precheck during your flights.

The UE ID is what is used to login to your TSA PreCheck account. But the TT number is ***** PreCheck number that you use while making travel arrangements.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 3, 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. You can still ask more questions, even after you’ve given a rating.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Expert:  Briarcliff767 replied 9 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist your this first number you received is your global entry number that is used for international flights. The second number you received is your tsa precheck number which is used for domestic travel only. You should put both numbers in your trusted traveler account and linked with your passport that way depending on if you are traveling international or domestic the right number will be used so you can get through the lines quicker. I hope u have a great week and if you need further questions answered please let me know. Please note I am not the first expert that responded and hopefully I cleared up the confusion .

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my response. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.

I also wanted to add that you can check your status here which didn't show up in my initial answerhttps://universalenroll.dhs.gov/workflows?workflow=service-status&servicecode=11115V