Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

A friend of my son's got in trouble in Boosier City, LA. He

Customer Question

A friend of my son's got in trouble in Boosier City, LA. He contacted a bail bondsman in Dallas to bail them out. They originally told him it would 678.00 to post bond and that they could post it in La. Since he was in Shreveport, I went down and co-signed on the bond. After filling out the paperwork I asked for an explanation of why the charges had been changed 974.00. I was told the person had an outstanding balance from a previous bond of 300 or so dollars. After finalizing the agreement I left only to be contacted an hour later with the bond company asking me to put up $4500.00 in collateral. I asked them why I should pay them 1000.00 to provide the service of me not having to post the entire bond if I was going to have to post it anyways. After some discussion I told them we would take our business elsewhere and to refund the money. They stated that they could only refund 180.00, that the person had an outstanding balance of 768.00 and they could not refund that amount. My son also contacted them and they gave him the same answer. Thinking back over the sequence of events I am convinced that they had no intention of ever filing the bond but used that as a way to get their outstanding balance paid off and also I think that they doubled the amount of the outstanding balance in order to make some money on the transaction. I would like to sue the company for not only the remaining money but for the time and trouble I and my son spent in getting another bond that actually got posted and as an example not to steal from people.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?