Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

Does the mortgage note need to be recorded with the deed of

Customer Question

Does the mortgage note need to be recorded with the deed of trust in Colorado?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not about this
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: It's too detailed. I just need this question answered for now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

The answer to your question is no. Only the deed of trust gets recorded. The deed of trust creates the lien on the real property which secures the loan. It's the deed of trust that notifies any title company and/or prospective purchaser or lender of the lien on the title. That's all that's necessary. The note need not ever be recorded.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!