Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have two important issues

Customer Question

I have two important issues
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. What are your issues? Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1) I got scammed via text message, phone calls, and email for a fake loan that included $5,000 worth of fraudulent deposits and $4,500 worth of unauthorized purchases Wells Fargo will not reiumburse me for the purchases because they say I willingly gave out confidential information even though they posted the fraudulent checks to my account
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Second issue: I am disabled and I have no car so my transportation and living expenses are very high, I got approved for a $25,000 private student loan however the school reduced my award to $16,000
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Everytime I complain to the financial aid office the guy in charge lowers my financial aid award
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for responding. Your issues are outside my areas of expertise. Therefore, I am going to opt out to open your question up to all experts so another expert can hopefully timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.

Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 3 months ago.

Hello.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. I'm a different expert. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. I'm sorry you're going through all this. So I see that you indicated that you were scammed. How can I help you? As for the fact that financial aid is reducing your award... that sounds highly, highly unusual, at least without an explanation - so it would be really helpful if you were able to sit down and have a meeting with them in order to ascertain why that's happening.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
1) Wells Fargo is refusing to reimburse me because they said I willingly gave out confidential information to a scammer. However they were the ones who approved the two fraudulent checks from a mobile deposit.
2) the financial aid manager at George Mason University really dislikes me and each time I asked him for an increase in my reward he decreased it by 2 or : thousand dollars
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I went to the financial aid office personally and they refused to increase my award
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need some type of legal representative for both of these situations.

They're not obligated to accept checks that are fraudulent. They're also not obligated to increase your award. As the institution, they control what financial aid awards they give. I realize that's not the best news you've heard all day... As far as a legal representative, you may wish to hire an attorney if you're unable to deal with them yourself but it's unlikely that an attorney will get a university to accept a fraudulent check. Does that make sense? I don't like giving bad news, but I also want you to know the law...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The university has nothing to do with the frusdulent checks. But Insuffer from several disabilities making my housing expenses and transportation expenses much higher than the school has estimated.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Shouldn't this entitle me to a larger award?

It may entitle you to a higher reward but generally it is at the school's discretion what type of award to grant. Does that make sense? I know it's not what you wanted to hear and I dont like giving bad advice...