Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I write. sometimes when I want a different perspective I use

Customer Question

I write. sometimes when I want a different perspective I use a consultant to direct or review what I've been writing.One of those was in my email on MP3 file in email. I paid almost $800 for that advice but the file contains a series of personal questions as well in so far as your real assessment of your writing skills and where you think you are or have been.My daughter is in midst of divorce. She has moved back in with me and of course my grandchildren are here too. She is dept chair at U of Arizona in Exceptional education. Her soon to be ex husband is professor at law, U of A.After she was here for few months she opened her computer and saw many files she wasn't familiar with all on her dropbox. Since he used her computer his files were there too.but so were mine. He had somehow broken into my email ( he had been in my house picking up my dog a few weeks before any divorce actions were taken. Many of my manusc ripts were copied and he had made files for all of them. He also had one named blue and I heard voices when my daughter played it for me but I didn't really get what this file called blue was all about. Until I listened again and realized he had copied my voice and the consultant and then left all voice excerpts in different files on his dropbox where he was "saving Me"My question. or questions.Can someone come into your home and somehow break into your email. And copy emails .
And personal consultations. and every manuscript I have ever written.Everyone says don't make trouble bc how could you prove the whole thing. and then again is it wrong to do what he has done? I would file a bar complaint but there is really no where to go because although he is at the law school he holds a law degree from Toronto, and is not licensed as attorney in Arizona or United States.I will wait a few more months until divorce tied down but .....can people do such things and there is no remedy?Thank you for anything you might think to do.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: arizona
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: intellectual property rights
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: not real property
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this. Please confirm what state this is in - Arizona?