Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have recently discovered that the property I rent is not

Customer Question

I have recently discovered that the property I rent is not owned by who I pay my rent to. The State Attorney General is investigating the company right now. I need to know my rights. Another tenant was just evicted by the bank, as all of these properties that they rent out are in foreclosure. They came on title for 10.00 Grant Deed.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Haven't been able to locate one that does this kind of real estate law
JA: I'm the Lawyer's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: ok
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: It was on News4Jax, the day before yesterday. there are at least 60 corporations in Florida where they are doing this thur. I am currently putting together all the paperwork I have to send to the State Attorney Generals office. I was interviewed by the media yesterday.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me a little more. What happened - did your original landlord sell the property to the company? Or, did they take over in a foreclosure? Or, not sure?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.