LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

I was wondering is a Sugar Daddy relationship legal. I was

Customer Question

I was wondering is a Sugar Daddy relationship legal. I was reading that Sugar Daddy/Sugar baby relationships are legal as long as the relationship is not strictly sexual but has companionship along with it.
Money + Sex (alone)= illegal
Money +Sex + Companionship & Love= Legal
I was reading online that it is legal to have a relationship where you help a girl out financially and have sex as long as you do other things in addition like going movies and amusement parks and the relationship isn't strictly sexual.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. There are many different types of relationships. Many times, companionship is wanted by one party and in exchange, they buy or give gifts to the other person and help them out. There is nothing wrong with that. What is illegal and what the police are looking for are situations whereby there is a clear cut exchange of sex for money, whereby there is no intent to have any relationship and the parties do not even know or get to know each other. If someone want to buy and take care of someone else and spend time with them and things of that nature, it is hard for the courts/criminal justice system, define what goes on in a relationship. If someone was simply offering sex for money and that was it, then they could get arrested and charged. Otherwise, nobody can tell two consenting adults how to define their relationship.

Expert:  David Stewart replied 2 months ago.
Hello: my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you. A sugar relationship is legal if you maintain certain boundaries. Any money or goods exchange is strictly a gift for someone you have a relationship with. It is never in return for sexual acts of any kind. Never mention sexual acts in the same context as assistance being offered to the person you have a relationship with. Think of it as an arranged friendship that may or may not end up with sex. People go to bars and buy each other drinks all the time for perfect strangers and sometimes end up having sex. No srrings attached and no laws broken

I see another expert responded at the same time as me and I agree with the response and am going to opt out and defer to LegalKnowledge. All the best, David

I see there was an over post so just wanted to see if you need anything clarified
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.