RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

I made the mistake of taking money from an employer about 3

Customer Question

i made the mistake of taking money from an employer about 3 months ago. the i took was around 1,400. he insists that i took around 2,200, but wants me to pay him back a total of 2,500. i agreed to pay back what i took, but that doesnt seem good for him. there are cameras at the establishment that show me in front of the cash drawer being that i was a manager, but never any footage of putting money in my pocket. can he take me to court or go any further if i dont pay him the extra 1,100 that he is asking for?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you.

While yes, he could sue for the full value he alleges you took, or even if he reported to the police that you stole $2,200, it would have to be proven, and in a civil case, as the plaintiff, he would have the burden of showing that that is how much went missing and that you are responsible.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!