Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I had a roommate for 6 months. We didnt have a signed

Customer Question

Hello, I had a roommate for 6 months. We didnt have a signed contract and she was planning on leaving in July. I wanted until July to put my house up for sale. Now she is mad that I put it up for sale but I need to get the money out of it. She told me she was going to take me to court becuase I didnt tell her that I was selling my house when she moved in. I didnt know that when I moved in. She wanted to sleep in until 3pm. I even put in my listing that we couldnt show the house until after 3. I gave her 2 hours notice so she could get ready and leave. She was so anygry everyday that I finally asked her to leave. She kept saying she would go to a friends house or a hotel. She came in the house at midnight 2 nights ago with 2 policeman and moved all of here stuff. On her way out she said I will see you in court. Is this a real case? Can you sue me? .
JA: I'm the Lawyer's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you. Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: yes this is georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: She was planning on leaving anyway next Thursday to go to Florida. She lives in Florida. She was working in Georgia as a contract person for the IRS.She was working a contract at the IRS. Now she says she decided to stay until September and I should pay her bills until then as far as rent.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. When she moved in, it was agreed upon that her lease with you would end July 1, 2016. As such, she would need to vacate the last date of June?