Taylor
Taylor, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
87350578

I realized the IRS is garnishing my bank account and I have

Customer Question

Hello. I realized the IRS is garnishing my bank account and I have been trying to figure out a way to settle without them doing this
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: CA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I have not.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No, that's it. I just wanted to do a payment method with the IRS
Expert:  Taylor replied 3 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help! do you know how much you currently owe the IRS?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
About 16,000 dollars from a previous business payroll tax.
Expert:  Taylor replied 3 months ago.

thanks, ***** ***** how those things happen. I would highly suggest hiring a local tax attorney who specializes in dealing with the IRS. Because you owe of 10k you coudl take advantage of the fresh start program. It would depend on your current income and ability to pay. But, because you owe over 10k you are able to either set up a one time payment to clear yourself or you could set up a payment plan that would only pay back a portion of your debt. You will need an experience attorney to help you through the process.

Expert:  Taylor replied 3 months ago.

He or she would need to know your current income, expenses and then they would be able to evaluate if you are able to set up a payment plan or a one time payment to forgive you debt. does that make sense?

Expert:  Taylor replied 3 months ago.

if you are able to setup a payment plan it will be based off what your income is, minus your expenses and they will make you use a portion of that income to pay off your debt. However, the payoff plan will be significantly lower than what your debt owed is. Also, as soon as you set up a payment plan or a discharge, your wage garnishment should stop.

Expert:  Taylor replied 3 months ago.

do you have any further questions or concerns? if so, i would be happy to answer those questions. let me know. if not and you are satisfied, i would greatly appreciate a positive rating! it costs you nothing further and that is the only way i am compensated by JA!