Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

What can I do if my mortgage company has charge me for an

Customer Question

What can I do if my mortgage company has charge me for an optional product (Accidental Death Insurance) without my permission and cannot get a response from the insurance company with several attempts?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 8 months ago.

It is illegal to add accidental death insurance without your specific consent. If you are sure that you did not sign anything, and the bank and insurance company are not responding to your attempts to contact them about it, then you should call the Alabama Atty. Gen.'s office for consumer affairs and file a formal complaint. Here is the information on how to do that: http://www.ago.state.al.us/Page-Consumer-Protection

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks for your understanding and for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I hope that this answers your question. If not, please feel free to send me a reply for further information. Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit.