Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

My husband is in Autauga County jail without a bond for a

Customer Question

My husband is in Autauga County jail without a bond for a supposedly violation of protection order with his ex girlfriend. He is on 3 scheduled mental health medications and the jail is refusing to give them to him. Please help. :'(
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that we cannot represent him, it is forbidden by state law. You need to go to the local public defender's office and get him legal representation and they will file a motion in court to move him to a medical ward to provide him medications he requires. That is the only option you have if the warden at the jail refuses to provide the medication and the medications are deemed by his doctors to be medically necessary.