Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year and a

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year and a half. We are both men. He is currently going through a divorce, which began before we had met. They have 3 boys together, ages 2, 4 and 6 at the time. I was introduced to the boys in November of last year, which about 6 months of us dating. I had watched the two younger boys for a few hours while my boyfriend and his oldest were at a dance competition. My boyriends parents came to the house and we all had a blast. My boyfriend returned and we put the kids to bed. Woke up the next morning, I left and went home. My boyfriend had called me and told me the police had taken all 3 kids away. His ex stated that she received a phone call from her oldest that I put a sword in his butt. She then later stated that I molested the middle boy. The boys had gone into the station to give their statements. My bf gave his. I was never asked to come in. His ex then requested that the kids don't get physicals, cause they have been through enough trauma. She brought in clothing that she felt had "evidence" on them, from what the boys were wearing. Everything came back negative and the kids' statements do not match what she is stating. She stated in her divorce that I was never able to see the kids in the custody agreement. Then she said she wanted to meet me to clear the air. We had met up, talked for two hours. I expressed my feelings and she did too. We both had a good laugh as well as a few tears because of all the drama that we had been going through. We had texted a few times, she sent me photos of the boys. She said that she wants me to be re-introduced to the boys slowly cause its a big transition. She sent photos as well. She then had fired her divorce lawyer, hired a new one, and had everyone write affidavits, stating that I am a pedophile and a child molester. My name has been dropped in court and on paper in so many statemnets and I cant take it any more. It has almost been a year since she made these allegations. I DID NOTHING to deserve this and my anxiety is so terrible. Please help!
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.

I am very sorry to hear this. I know how traumatic such false accusations can be. At this point, I would urge you to file a defamation/slander lawsuit against this lady. While you may not go to trial, it would put pressure on her to stop this conduct and perhaps try to settle with you on some monetary amount. It might also put pressure on her to be more cooperative with your boyfriend in his divorce.