Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I have a girlfriend who owes a hospital bill of 1000.00 is

Customer Question

I have a girlfriend who owes a hospital bill of 1000.00 is it true that the state of Delaware won't let her fly to see me in calf
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

No, there is no law that would give a state the authority to prohibit the free movement of a person throughout the US just because they owed a debt to a hospital.

,

If she is telling you this, then there is likely some other reason for her reluctance in flying out and if she is asking you for the $1000 then that would explain it..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ty very much been a great help

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided as that is the only way I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

thanks