Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am going thru a divorce and my wife posted bad things

Customer Question

I am going thru a divorce and my wife posted bad things about the girl I was seeing on the site homewrecker.com. Where do AI find an attorney who can get it removed
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You cannot get it removed, your girlfriend has to file a civil suit against your ex wife for defamation/libel and has to take your ex to court and prove that the comments made by your ex were not truthful and upon proving that to the court, your girlfriend can get money damages against your ex wife and also can get a court order to remove the comments. Absent a lawsuit by your girlfriend you cannot get the comments removed I am afraid. You can get a general civil litigation attorney at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com

Be warned, that if the statements posted are truthful or merely opinion and not known false statements, legally the court cannot order them removed.