Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My neighbor is feeding feral cats which against the law

Customer Question

My neighbor is feeding feral cats which against the law where I live. he was caught and put on probation by the prosecuting attorney where we live. my home suffered 32 thousand dollars in damage from raccoons who showed up because of the food he is still putting out for those feral cats. I have had to put down 83 raccoons since last June because I feel if I don't they will damage my house. My insurance paid me only 5600 dollars of which I had a 1000 dollar deductible. Travelers insurance said they have never encountered this type of situation before. what type of lawyer could help get me all my damages?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need a general litigation attorney and you would sue for nuisance and seek the damages that the neighbor's illegal conduct caused to your property. This is a general civil litigation type case and you are suing for public and private nuisance caused by the neighbor's conduct.