Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  28 Years In General Practice,
68197583

My husband is currently serving time in a prison

Customer Question

Hi my husband is currently serving time in a prison correctional facility in the state of Virginia the Intelligence unit of that facility has been illegally planting marijuana seeds in visitors cars after not finding drugs on them during the consented strip search while the car is being search the local nor the state police is called there wasn't even a supervisor or ward presence during the search by the correction office in every case they claim you had drug seats on the floor of your car which their actually planting then they take pictures of the several same seeds and of the floor of your car make while the officers ate down on their knees u can't actually see their hands as their looking under the cars seats they claim were not allowed to video tape them they never call the local authorities to process the so call drugs they claim u already had in the vehicle your not detained nor are u giving paper work the whole scene is stage to take away our love ones visits its not fair nor right its absolutely low down and dirty they've targeted about ten people so far at Buckingham correctional facility in all cases the victim's were able to just leave without being charged through the legal authorities and the correctional officers left the visitors parking lot and took their planted drugs seeds with them I need help from a legal stand point to bring these corrupted disgraceful individuals whom themselves are in violation of the law to justice for their misconduct against the public Innocent free citizens of the state of Virginia if there's any body who interested please respond it would be greatly appreciated thanks S.CB
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

The Department of Justice is well aware that there are activities going on in the DOC that are not only questionable they are illegal. They recently made the decision to close private prisons as the abuse was off the charts.

There are several governmental agencies that are not only interested they will investigate your allegations. The first step is to contact the State Attorney General who is tasked with investigating and prosecuting corruption and unlawful practices. The second is at the Federal level as the State can have a tendency to protect their own (so to speak) I am going to provide you with the links for you to file a complaint for an investigation and put an end to this type of abuse Please give me a moment to provide the links.

This is a link for the State Inspector General http://osig.virginia.gov/

This sets out the duties and powers of the Inspector General:

"Code of Virginia
Title 2.2. Administration of Government
Chapter 3.2. Office of the State Inspector General

8/25/2016

§ 2.2-309. Powers and duties of State Inspector General.

A. The State Inspector General shall have power and duty to:

1. Operate and manage the Office and employ such personnel as may be required to carry out the provisions of this chapter;

2. Make and enter contracts and agreements as may be necessary and incidental to carry out the provisions of this chapter and apply for and accept grants from the United States government and agencies and instrumentalities thereof, and any other source, in furtherance of the provisions of this chapter;

3. Receive complaints from whatever source that allege fraud, waste, including task or program duplication, abuse, or corruption by a state agency or nonstate agency or by any officer or employee of the foregoing and determine whether the complaints give reasonable cause to investigate;

4. Receive complaints under § 2.2-2832 from persons alleging retaliation by an officer or employee of a state agency for providing testimony before a committee or subcommittee of the General Assembly and determine whether the complaints give reasonable cause to investigate;

5. Investigate the management and operations of state agencies, nonstate agencies, and independent contractors of state agencies to determine whether acts of fraud, waste, abuse, or corruption have been committed or are being committed by state officers or employees or independent contractors of a state agency or any officers or employees of a nonstate agency, including any allegations of criminal acts affecting the operations of state agencies or nonstate agencies. However, no investigation of an elected official of the Commonwealth to determine whether a criminal violation has occurred, is occurring, or is about to occur under the provisions of § 52-8.1 shall be initiated, undertaken, or continued except upon the request of the Governor, the Attorney General, or a grand jury;

6. Prepare a detailed report of each investigation stating whether fraud, waste, abuse, or corruption has been detected. If fraud, waste, abuse, or corruption is detected, the report shall (i) identify the person committing the wrongful act or omission, (ii) describe the wrongful act or omission, and (iii) describe any corrective measures taken by the state agency or nonstate agency in which the wrongful act or omission was committed to prevent recurrences of similar actions;

7. Provide timely notification to the appropriate attorney for the Commonwealth and law-enforcement agencies whenever the State Inspector General has reasonable grounds to believe there has been a violation of state criminal law;

8. Administer the Fraud and Abuse Whistle Blower Reward Fund created pursuant to § 2.2-3014;

9. Oversee the Fraud, Waste and Abuse Hotline;

10. Conduct performance reviews of state agencies to assess the efficiency, effectiveness, or economy of programs and to ascertain, among other things, that sums appropriated have been or are being expended for the purposes for which the appropriation was made and prepare a report for each performance review detailing any findings or recommendations for improving the efficiency, effectiveness, or economy of state agencies, including recommending changes in the law to the Governor and the General Assembly that are necessary to address such findings;

11. Coordinate and require standards for those internal audit programs in existence as of July 1, 2012, and for other internal audit programs in state agencies and nonstate agencies as needed in order to ensure that the Commonwealth's assets are subject to appropriate internal management controls;

12. As deemed necessary, assess the condition of the accounting, financial, and administrative controls of state agencies and nonstate agencies and make recommendations to protect the Commonwealth's assets;

13. Assist agency internal auditing programs with technical auditing issues and coordinate and provide training to the Commonwealth's internal auditors;

14. Assist citizens in understanding their rights and the processes available to them to express concerns regarding the activities of a state agency or nonstate agency or any officer or employee of the foregoing;

15. Maintain data on inquiries received, the types of assistance requested, any actions taken, and the disposition of each such matter;

16. Upon request, assist citizens in using the procedures and processes available to express concerns regarding the activities of a state or nonstate agency or any officer or employee of the foregoing;

17. Ensure that citizens have access to the services provided by the State Inspector General and that citizens receive timely responses to their inquiries from the State Inspector General or his representatives; and

18. Do all acts necessary or convenient to carry out the purposes of this chapter.

B. If the State Inspector General receives a complaint from whatever source that alleges fraud, waste, abuse, or corruption by a public institution of higher education or any of its officers or employees, the State Inspector General shall, but for reasonable and articulable causes, refer the complaint to the internal audit department of the public institution of higher education for investigation. However, if the complaint concerns the president of the institution or its internal audit department, the investigation shall be conducted by the State Inspector General. The State Inspector General may provide assistance for investigations as may be requested by the public institution of higher education.

The public institution of higher education shall provide periodic updates on the status of any investigation and make the results of any such investigation available to the State Inspector General."

http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title2.2/chapter3.2/section2.2-309/

This is a link for the United States Department of Justice complaint center http://oig.justice.gov/hotline/#civil

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. Please let me know how everything works out.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE A NEGATIVE RATING TO RECEIVE A REFUND.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. The Attorneys on the site do not receive credit for their time or work if the customer does not rate us positively. Thank you for your consideration.

Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Your previous expert has opted out and I have opted in. You also ask about finding an attorney. JustAnswer experts cannot take customers on as clients, but if you want to, I can help you find a good referral service for an attorney practicing civil rights in the area. Let me know.

My apologies the site accidently opted me out.

You stated: themselves are in violation of the law to justice for their misconduct against the public Innocent free citizens of the state of Virginia if there's any body who interested please respond it would be greatly appreciated thanks S.CB Are you looking for government agencies to investigate corruption or an attorney to represent you?